Friday, October 3, 2008

Finally...a post!!!


Oh my gosh it's been so long since I've posted a card here! I'm so sorry. I subscribe to a ton of blogs and look forward to looking at their new creations everyday. So, even though I don't know most of you, I feel bad that I haven't been sharing any projects with you and given you something to look at (although I'm sure you have had lots of other sites to look at instead). My son's football team made it into the playoffs, which is great for them but that means one more week of this madness for us. So things will quiet down after that and I should have some regular stamping time. Except after next week I have to start packing and getting things ready for our Florida trip. 1 week at Disney and 5 days in St. Petersburg...ahhh I can't wait!!! :) Please pray for good weather for us. Weather, that's the terrible part, you have no control over it. You can plan every aspect of your trip and have everything worked out just right, but if the weather is bad all is ruined. So again, please say a little prayer for no hurricanes or storms.

Alright, on to the card! This is a birthday card I made for a friend super quick last Monday night. I was at her house Monday night for a Creative Memories party and found out it was her birthday the next day. I felt terrible that I didn't know this. I mean, making cards for birthdays...that's what I do! That's what this hobby is for, for Pete's sake! So after I got home and put my kids to bed I rushed downstairs to make her a card. But I had to wait until she received it before I could share it with you. Hope you like it as much as she did. Mary

Supplies:
CS- SU: Chocolate Chip, Apricot Appeal
Image and sentiment- SU: One of a Kind
SU markers
Ribbon- Offray
Flower brad- SU
Cuttlebug embossing folder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice card, Mary. So excited for you all that you're going to Disney. We just got back from there and it was wonderful! We're already wondering when we can go back. :-)