Friday, July 31, 2009

Baby Giraffe


I love giraffes. I think it's because when I was little I had a book that was about a giraffe, which in itself isn't all that exciting I know. But the great thing about that book was that it was specially ordered by either my mom or a relative, and the giraffe had all these things in common with me. It's address was the same as mine, it's name was the same as mine, it had a dog who's name was the same as my dog, etc. This was very exciting to a 5 year old, as you can imagine. I wonder if my mom still has this book somewhere in her house. I wonder where it was ordered from. I wonder if you can still order something like this today. There's my next google search! Anyway, I think my love of giraffes started with that book. Did you know giraffes don't lay down? Did you know they can go long periods of time without drinking? Apparently drinking at the watering hole can be dangerous because the position they need to get themselves into to take a sip makes them very vulnerable to predators. Did you know they only sleep for about 30 minutes per day and only for about 10 minutes at a time? Also due to the need to watch out for predators. Man, I'm glad I'm not a giraffe. Laying down...sleeping...drinking...some of my favorite things! Although, the sleeping for short periods of time does sound like my life when my kids were newborns.
Anyway, here is a little baby card I made with my good friend, the giraffe. All supplies were from SU except the buttons, they were from an unknown source.

No comments: