Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Sunday


Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a good weekend. We've had a great one so far. On Friday we went to the movies to see Madagascar 2--good, but I liked the first one better--where my kids were chosen to give a review of the the movie for a local kid's site. After they gave their 2 thumbs up they received a large stuffed Melman and Gloria. They were very excited! Then we went out to eat. Saturday morning we went to a pancake breakfast at their school. It's fun for them because the teachers are the ones cooking and serving, and it's a great fundraiser for the school. Then my husband worked outside in the cold all day mowing the lawn for the last time this season, he put away the patio furniture and all the other things you do to get ready for the winter, and he also cleaned out the garage and laundry/storage room in the basement. He was a tired man after supper! My son spent the afternoon swimming at one of our high schools with his cub scout den for 3 hours. He was also a tired little man after supper!

After church this morning we made a bee-line to Wal Mart to buy the newly released KungFu Panda DVD--LOVE this movie! While I was going down the main isle there I was filled with joy...the spirit of the season burst open inside of me. There was a huge Christmas tree in the center and then row after row of seasonal goodies like French's Fried onions, cream of mushroom soup, bags of stuffing, cans of green beans, pumpkin pies, cool whip, etc. I know it's probably bad that food has such a big meaning to me but I can't help it. It reminds me of all the Thanksgivings at my Grandma's house along with the Christmas's at my parent's house. It fills me with warmth and happiness. Also, I LOVE giving gifts at Christmas. There's nothing like finding just the right gift for someone and watching them light up when they open it. The 1st of November until the 1st of January is definitely my favorite part of the year!

It's chilly and gray here, so the rest of today will be spent snuggled under a blanket watching our new movie and cheering on our Colts. And then eating a yummy ham dinner. Love this time of year!!! :)

Supplies:
CS- SU: Real Red
DP- SU
Image- SU: Winter Post
Sentiment- SU: Season of Joy
Ribbon- Michael's
Snowflake- SU: Felt Flurries
Crystal brad- SU
Oval punch- SU
Scallop scissors
Corner rounder punch- SU
Snowflake edge punch- Fiskars

No comments: