Monday, August 25, 2008

Don't Laugh At Me!


Ok, you have to promise not to laugh at me! This was my first attempt at stamping with and coloring a Thomas Kinkade image, and it didn't turn out as well as I hoped (hence the vellum-it softens the otherwise ugly coloring). ;) Some people said this process is soothing and cathartic. NOT! I thought it was stressful and difficult! I have, however, identified some variables that may have added to the poor outcome of my image and the tension it ensued on my back and neck. First of all, this was the first image stamped with this stamp so it was not very crisp. I think the first few images stamped with a new stamp don't come out well. They need to be "worked in". Another thing that would have helped it to come out crisper is if I would have used a brayer to put on the ink. I've been told that it's best to use a brayer when inking up a very detailed stamp such as this one. But alas, I don't have a brayer. I have ordered one though! A third problem I ran into was that I have a limited number of Copic markers thus a limited number of color options. I didn't have the exact colors I wanted to use for some of it, so that was disappointing. I'm not giving up though. As soon as I get a brayer and more markers I will try this again and hopefully have better results.

Supplies:CS- SU: Chocolate Chip, Handsome Hunter
Vellum- SU
Image- CHF: Thomas Kinkade Series "Foxglove Cottage"
Sentiment- CHF
CB embossing folder
Copic markers
Gold metallic marker- EK Success (to color edges)

1 comment:

Giovana said...

Your coloring is not bad at all!!! Your card looks pretty good. I don't have Copic Markers so I don't try this kind of coloring, LOL.

Keep trying, your card is pretty.
God bless
Giovana