Friday, July 11, 2008

Paper Piecing


Hi again everyone! I hope you all have had a good week. All is well here. Not much to share, the summer is just plugging along.

This is a card I made for a girl at work who just found out that she is expecting. She isn't married so it was a bit awkward for me to be 100% excited and say congratulations. But she is very excited and any baby is a miracle, so I guess that's all that matters. And I can tell she will be a very good mother.

On this card I did some paper piecing. Have you ever done that before? It is when you stamp the image on a piece of DP and cut out the part of the image that you want to have that design on it. Then you adhere it to that same image that you stamped on a piece of cardstock. For example, I pieced the girl's shirt. Do you see how it matches the DP that is in the background? It is a very easy thing to do and it gives a great look to an image. Give it a try. :)

Supplies:
CS- SU Bashful Blue
DP- unknown source
Image- Stamping Bella
Copic markers
Baubles- Stamping Bella
Ribbon- Archiver's
Circle punch- Marvy
Hole punch

No comments: