Sunday, July 6, 2008

Simple Thank You


I hope all of you have had as good a weekend as I have. Tomorrow is my husband's 40th birthday and as a present we spent the night in downtown Indianapolis. After dropping the kids at my in-law's we first went to see "Hancock" which was very good and the story was not what we expected. Then we checked into the hotel and went for a swim in the pool. After showering we went to dinner at The Weber Grill which was fantastic! Because we needed our dinners to settle we went for a walk to the monument on the circle and "people watched". When it got dark we went to a couple of bars for drinks and to watch the end of the NASCAR race. We actually got to sleep in the next morning which is a treat because I don't think I've slept past 8:00 since my son was born 8 1/2 years ago! We had a wonderful brunch in the hotel and then went to a bookstore to look around, which is one of our favorite things to do when we go out. Fun, fun, fun! Steve said it was a perfect 40th birthday gift--so I guess I done good! :)

This is a card I made really fast this evening for my in-laws to thank them for watching our kids. It is very simple I know but I just wanted to get it done fast because my kids were tired and cranky from the change in routine of spending the night somewhere else.

Supplies:
CS- SU: Ballet Blue, So Saffron
DP- DCWV: Butterflies
Nestabilities circle and scallop circle dies- Spellbinders
Oval punch- SU
Scallop scissors
Button- SU
Ribbon- Archiver's
Image- SU: So Many Scallops
Sentiment- SU: Spring Solitude

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet and I know they will love it. Glad you had a special time for yourselves:)

Anonymous said...

So sweet and I know they will love it. Glad you had a special time for yourselves:)

Julie Campbell said...

Ooooh! You dog! You didn't tell me that you had a romantic getaway weekend! Whooooo! :) I'm glad you got to get out and have fun!