Wednesday, December 12, 2007

This and That






Hello again. Are you ready for Christmas yet? I am just about there. I literally have only 1 more gift to buy and I have a feeling it will be my nemesis. It is for my husband's niece. We have been asking and asking her parents what she wants and now finally, the minute I came home from shopping all day and finishing everything else there was a message saying that she wants a particular cash register and that's all she wants (great!). I immediately go to the computer to look it up and see what it is and where I can get it the cheapest only to find out that it is out of stock at the stores on-line, which probably means it will be hard to find at the actual stores too (double great!). So now the hunt is on. :)
So on to the cards. These are a couple cards I designed for the Christmas card workshop I did last month. The first one is simple but classic. The paper and ink is from SU of course (I think they have the best quality paper and their ink matches perfectly). I stamped the background holly design with a stamp from SU's Background Basics set with green ink and used my SU marker to color in the berries. I cut the ovals with Creative Memories paper cutters. I used a gold metallic marker to put stitching around the center oval (I love putting stitching on a card- it adds just a little something extra).
The second card was a little more involved. Again...SU paper, ink, and markers! :) I used SU's slit punch to hold the white with presents piece. I used SU's envelope template to mark and cut the small green envelope. As you can see the tag comes out, so it's like a card-in a card! Fun!
Lastly, here a some photos of my kids performing in their school Christmas programs. My son might have a future as a rock band drummer (fine with me as long as he stays out of the drugs and gives me a little of the money :)! ) And my daughter is fulfilling her desire to be the next Hanna Montana (again, fine with me as long as she gives me a little of the money :)! )
Good luck with your shopping!

No comments: