Monday, January 7, 2008

Brown is the New Red :)


Well, tomorrow is my son's first day back to school after his Christmas break and he is very bummed. He said tonight that he wished it could be Christmas forever (every child's dream). Poor boy. I can't blame him really. I remember the days of school and homework-Yuck. Heck, I feel that way every Sunday night when I know I have to go to work the next morning! I told him to just look forward to tomorrow night when we will be going out to eat to celebrate my birthday. For some reason that didn't help him feel better. :) Yes, tomorrow is my birthday! One more year of the thirties and that will be it. :( Very sad. They keep telling me that forty is the new twenty, but I think that's a bunch of hooey. It's always people who are over forty who say that so I think it's a scam.

Anyway, here is a Valentine's day card that is an alternative to the classic Valentine red. There is something very soft and classy about the brown, vanilla, and gold. I was inspired by Carolyn King's card that is very similar to this one. She does excellent work and I am inspired by many of her projects.
Supplies:
cardstock: Very Vanilla, Choc. chip
embossing: CB
ribbon and brads: Michael's
sentiment: SU
ink: choc. chip
image raised with pop dot


2 comments:

angel1990 said...

I really like these colors and the bow! Why don't my bows come out this nice?! Hope you have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And don't worry about the age it's only a number what counts is how young you feel. :)

angel1990 said...

Sorry-tHis comment was meant for the brown is the new red.