Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Masculine Birthday Card


Rick, I know you have a subscription to my site so if you are reading this look away now because this is your birthday card! Rick is my brother and his birthday is next week, 5 days after mine. He is a great guy who I love very much. So I wanted to make him something special. This card shows him just what he should do for his birthday, relax and enjoy himself. :)

I made this card with the stamp set "Let's hear it for the boys" from MFT. I didn't have many masculine stamp sets so when I saw this one I knew I had to have it. I chose these colors because they seem masculine to me. I colored with SU markers to match the strips in the DP. I stamped on another DP for the chair to give it some texture and cut it out and adhered just that piece on the main image. I used SU's corner punch to punch out 2 different sized and colored pieces to accent the image and then used my piercing tool to add more interest. The hardware is from SU's Hodgepodge Hardware. The ribbon is from Wal-Mart. I also cut out a piece of the striped DP to line the inside of the envelope. I've never done that before but I really like it. I love when things coordinate. I hope my brother likes it to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary! I love my card! I got it last night when I got home from work and walked over to the neighbors house to pick up my mail (I was in Atlanta all week for a training class). What a cool card! I just can't get over how good you are with this stuff! You have a true talent! I plan to do exactly as you depicted in the card ..... kick back in the easy chair, relax, and watch some football this weekend (Go Colts!). Thanks again for the card and I'll talk to you soon! Rick