Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pretty Flower


The title of this card makes me smile. It reminds me of a New Year's Eve about 15 years ago. (This was before I met my husband by the way.) A group of my friends and I had been out for a New Year's Eve celebration in downtown Indy. We all bought tickets for this package deal where we had a really nice dinner, drinks, and then watched a live concert until midnight. Well, needless to say, we all had quite a bit to drink, one friend especially. He was kind of a bigger guy and quite manly. After returning to a friend's apartment we sat around talking and this guy fell asleep (if that's what you want to call it). Well, when you're the first one to fall asleep you're just asking to get messed with! I mean you're free game! :) So we started tickling his face, putting things in his ears, taking funny pictures of him, etc. Well he must have been dreaming some wild dream because he started saying "Pretty flower!" And we kept asking him what he was talking about and what he meant but he just kept saying "Pretty flower!" in this sweet soft voice. It was hilarious! This big manly guy talking all girl-y about flowers. We never let him live it down. I know you had to have been there to appreciate it and maybe the alcohol in our systems was making it more funny but it was classic. I'm sure if I called any one of those friends who were there right now they would know exactly what I am talking about and laugh. I will never forget it.

Card supplies:
Whisper White CS-SU
Ribbon-Michael's
Photo corners-Scrapbook Corner
2-step flower stamp from SU
Inked with SU markers
Image adhered with popdots
Corners embossed with CB

No comments: