Sunday, January 13, 2008

By the Sea


The image on this card makes me think about my husband and I and our future trip to Florida. Well, to be more accurate there needs to be 2 kids running around us kicking up sand and screaming, but you get the idea. :) We will be going to Florida in the fall of this year for 2 weeks and I'm hoping we will be able to find a little bit of time for the 2 of us to sit on the beach and watch the sun set.

I cased this card from someone on SCS who made one very similar but with a different image. It is layered with pop dots to give it a 3D affect. The waves were done by hand tearing pieces of paper and sponging white craft ink on the edges to create wakes in the waves. I used the same white craft ink to sponge clouds in the sky. I colored the image with my SU markers and cut it out. Then I cut out the oval with my Creative Memories oval cutter (because my Nestabilities oval dies aren't in yet) to create a "frame" for the image and added some more white ink on the edges to give it more of a beach-y white wash look. And in case you can't read the sentiment it says "Joy is not in things, it is in us." So true!

No comments: