Monday, September 29, 2008

Sorry--No Posts Yet :(

I'm so sorry I haven't posted anything this past weekend. And I'm not sure if I'll be able to during the week either. We were busy this weekend going to the dentist, out to eat, shopping for pants (since it will turn cold this week), had football game, and went to an Oktoberfest party. Then after the party my husband and I packed up all of my china and stemware because I sold my dining room set. We bought that beautiful furniture 11 years ago because I wanted it more than anything, and we spent a pretty penny for it too I might add. And then what happened...we used it maybe 5 times in those 11 years. What a waste! So, being the responsible adult that I'm trying to be I decided that it would be a better use of space if I would sell it and turn that into my craft room and turn what was my craft room into a play room for the kids. They really need a place other than their rooms to relax and spend time together--plus, it gets them out of our bedroom since that seems to be where they congregate to watch TV and drag in their toys. And another benefit is that we will be using the money from the furniture to buy new carpet for the house. So it's really a win win for everyone. Therefore, Sunday after church and after they came to take the furniture I spent the rest of the day moving all of my craft stuff downstairs and all of the kid's stuff into their new room. I feel like I went up and down the stairs about 50 times! So that didn't leave any time to play. Hopefully I can do something this week. I hope you all have a good week! Mary

No comments: