Monday, May 12, 2008

Thanks Teacher!


Well, it's that time of year again. Time to thank all the teachers who have dealt with...I mean endured...I mean taught our children so much throughout the last school year. :0) I really do think teachers have a tough job. They have the responsibility of teaching our children so much, things that will define who they will be in the future. And if that isn't daunting enough they have to do so while dealing with uncooperative parents, uncooperative children, give tests to meet state standards even though they interrupt the daily schedule, keep track of the progress of the special needs children, wipe noses, wipe bottoms, wipe puke, etc, etc. I've decided that they really need and deserve their summers off! I came to these realizations since my son started in the school system. He has an Autism Spectrum Disorder and while he is very high functioning he still has an Individual Education Plan and gets help from our school's resource team on a daily basis. I had heard horror stories from parents whose kids needed extra help at school but found their teachers unwilling to do their part of the IEPs and that it was always just a big struggle. (I must say that these stories are of other school districts-not ours.) But I have not found that at all at my son's school. The teachers are absolutely wonderful and care about my son so much! I couldn't have asked for a better education team. So I always make sure to give them a big thanks at the end of the school year.
This is one of the cards I made for them. The image is from Stamping Bella-as if you couldn't tell. The front of her desk was just the perfect place for the teacher's name. And the ribbon I got at my local scrapbooking store is just perfect for a school themed project. The sentiment is from Stampendous but I had to hand write the word "Teacher" because the one that came with the stamp was really big and wouldn't fit on the paper. I made the ruled paper by marking the blue and red lines with my SU markers and punching holes along the side--turned out pretty good I'd say. So I hope this inspires you to make or give something really good for the teachers in your life! :)
Supplies:
CS- SU
Image colored with Copics
Edges softened with Sahara Sand ink- SU
Ribbon- Scrapbook Corner & Michael's
Hardware- SU Hodgepodge Hardware
Background embossed with CB embossing folder

No comments: