Sunday, June 22, 2008

Homey Hospitality


Hello everyone! I hope you all have had a good weekend. We had fun this weekend. On Friday we drove up to my parent's home in Chesterton (5 miles south of the Dunes State Park) and played at the beach for a while. The kids had fun playing in the water (it was too chilly for me to get in!) and digging in the sand. Even though it's not the ocean it's nice to walk the beach and hear the waves. It was great growing up there. I went to the beach almost every day in the summers when I could drive by myself. I would lay out on the beach from 10:00-2:00 without any sunscreen and not think twice about it. If I tried that now I would be suffering for days and probably get sun poisoning. That makes me think the o-zone is thinning for sure.

Supplies:
CS- SU Choc. Chip, Marigold Morning
DP- My Mind's Eye
Image & sentiment- SU "Right at Home"
Edges sponged with ink- SU Close to Cocoa
Corner rounder, corner punch, and slot punch- SU
Ribbon- JoAnn Etc.
Brads- Michael's
Stitching with sewing machine

No comments: