Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's Been Sooooo Long!!



Oh my goodness, it's been so long since I've posted anything! I was starting to have withdrawals! We have been very busy around here with Memorial Day weekend and all the things it takes to wind up the end of the school year. Then when I was ready to post something, my husband had the disc card to my camera at work downloading pictures onto a disc for me, so I had no way to post any pictures. What a mess! But I have it back now so all is well and right with the world again. :)

Anyway, this post is of a super quick project I did for my son's teachers. You may have seen them around before but I thought I would go ahead and show them to you. The first one is with a coffee mug I got at Target's dollar spot. First, I filled it with coffee beans (pretty yummy start-right?). Then I made the "flowers", which are really ink pens, by snipping a flower off the stem leaving about 1/2 inch of the stem. Then I attached it to the top end of the pen with floral tape and continued wrapping it around the pen down to the tip. Then I just put a bunch of them into the beans and that's it! I'm going to stick a Starbucks gift card into the beans as well. A pretty, functional, easy, and inexpensive gift for any teacher's desk. The other one is made with a metal pail I got at Michael's for $2.50 which I filled with kidney beans. (I might keep this one for myself actually! ;) )

No comments: