Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday



Hello again everyone! I hope you all have had a good week. Mine was a week of recovery from my back pain and I'm happy to say that it's almost completely gone. I haven't had a chance to do any projects yet today because I've had a lot of errands to run So I thought I would show you something that my daughter made in her Kindergarten class today in preparation for Easter. It is the neatest thing! They are called Resurrection Eggs. Each egg has something in it that represents significant events of the Passion of Christ. I hope the picture comes out well enough for you to see what is in each egg. If you click on the picture it will enlarge to give you a closer look. I just think this is a great way to teach children about what Christ went through for us. I will definitely be keeping this for a long time. I hope this touches you as well.
Donkey - Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem
3 coins - Judas' blood money
Cup - The Last Supper
Praying Hands - The Garden of Gethsemane
Leather Strip - Jesus' trial and 39 lashes
Crown of thorns - Mocking of Jesus as "King of Jews"
Nails - Jesus' crucifixion
One die - Soldiers gambling for Jesus' robe
Spear - Roman soldiers piercing Jesus' side
Linen - Grave clothes
Stone - The tomb with the stone rolled away
Empty egg - Jesus' resurrection from the dead

2 comments:

Julie Campbell said...

Oh my gosh! I was just going to try to Google these eggs after hearing about them on the radio. HOW COOL!!! That's so perfect! Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great ideal I think I will try that next year with my grandkids.Cindy B