Friday, March 14, 2008

Let The Sunshine In!


Isn't this a great idea for a card?! I wish I could claim it as my own but alas, it is another case from the new Papercrafts magazine. This one was designed by Rae Barthel. In case you can't tell, it simulates Roman curtains. Isn't that cute?! When I saw it I knew I had to give it a go. I don't know if I put it together just like she did but the end result looks the same. And I love this sentiment. Not only does it go with this card because when you open curtains you are letting the sunshine in, but my beloved grandmother used to sing the "You Are My Sunshine" song to me when I was a little girl. I actually sang it to my daughter for the first time since she was a baby the other night. She didn't remember me singing it to her before because she was to little so it was new to her. She held still (and maybe held her breath) through the entire song and when I was done she said "Oh Mommy, that was beautiful! I love you so much." My daughter was actually born on the anniversary of my grandmother's death. So I imagine her getting part of my grandmother's soul. She really is a lot like her too. Very fun loving, happy, sweet, and thoughtful. We are all blessed to have her. :)

Supplies:
DP- source unknown, purchased at Scrapbook Corner
CS- SU certainly celery, pumpkin pie
Ribbon- Jo-Ann's
Slit punch and window punch- SU
Scallop scissors
Sentiment- SU "You Are My Sunshine" set
White Galaxy marker for the polka dots

1 comment:

Kathy Lynn Toth said...

This little "curtain" card is ADORABLE! Great idea and I love the color choices!